Wednesday, June 11, 2008

2008 Meinvent, Day 3

SMART! Specific, measurable, attainable, blah, blah, blah...as I reflect on my week thus far, I am pleased with my progress. As I reflect, though, I realize that in order to make my goals more meaningful, I do have to make them more specific and measurable. I've worked up one draft of goals, which cut down significantly on the number of goals, but I'm in no way done...I'll put down what I have. I'm certainly going to lack lustre tonight as I am tired, have a sink-ful of lovely strawberries to finish cleaning, and am blogging tonight out of obligation to my word.

Newer, moderately improved goals:
1. Blogging at least 3 times per week (today makes 3)
2. Exercising at least 30 minutes every day (this week alone I've logged 135 minutes)
3. Liquidating ANY unnecessary items from our house (still ongoing)
4. Organize and Consolidating Leadership and Curriculum info. (good progress, ongoing)
5. More time for girlfriends (lunched with Falk today)
6. Finish and Market Flip (crunched numbers and have potential buyer)
7. Quad-related (formerly #7-#10...have done little to nothing this week)
8. Internship tie-ups (made great headway today, still have a few hours worth left)
9. Moving into new office (moved 3 more boxes today)
10. Eating Healthier (had no chocolate today, and ate 3 proper meals, veggies and all)
11. Prepping our house for add-on (looked at first set of drawings with hubby this evening)
12. Organizing and Consolidating our house (not much on this front until I get my office stuff moved along with organizing leadership stuff.)
13. Learning about my new job (am going to breakfast with the current holder of my job tomorrow)
14. Professional Reading (nix)
15. Personal Reading (Read a little Oprah yesterday--10 minutes worth in addition to my walk back from the mailbox which is .6 miles away.)
16. Cooking for and spending time with hubby (I've done well here, we've had a proper dinner 3 nights in a row, and yesterday we were outside hanging most of the night.)
17. Planning for Mom and Dad's 50th--get a save the date invite out and contact the cabins for reservations.

Well, I know there's more paring to do, but some of the existing items will knock off this list before the middle of next week...

I've worked hard on all these fronts, though, and I'm tired today, and I've got an important breakfast with Gale at 6:30, which means it's time for this girl to hit the hay!

1 comment:

Sarah Amick said...

Sounds much more attainable now Ingrid! I noticed that your goals were a little more social this time. You have to include the important people in your life, i.e parents, hubby, professional friends. You'll be more happy and balanced!
Wish I could work out with you! That would be fun!