Monday, June 23, 2008

Feelin' "All Write!!!"

It's the eve of the All Write Conference. Well, I guess it's really the morning of...whatever. I am so excited that I can't sleep. I crept up the stairs to grab my Writer's Notebooks (which could have something to do with why I couldn't sleep--I didn't want to forget them.) While here, I thought I'd just post a quick word. I don't remember which day of the Meinvent it is...but that part doesn't matter...

Today, I am going to indulge myself in Katherine Bomer's extended session (provided there's room.) I can't wait. It's a two-day session in which "teachers" get to explore themselves as a writer. I disregard the word teacher, not because I disregard teachers, but because no matter what title I hold, I am a TEACHER first!!! Once a teacher, always a teacher. I've been removed from my Notebook for the better part of the last year, I'm anxious to get reacquainted. I'm allowing this indulgence as I am paying for the conference myself...and did I mention, I can't wait?

But wait, I will. I'm going to go back downstairs, slide under the covers and spend the last two hours of the night free of the worry that I will forget my old Notebooks--my "friends."

3 comments:

Kathy Douglas said...

Wasn't it awesome? Loved every minute of it. When you just think you can not learn one more thing, there it is...more wonderful inspiration than you ever thought was possible. I knew I would love Penny AND I DID! Lester was his honest, entertaining self. So glad he will be back again next year. Georgia and Katherine brought back things that I had forgotten. I am so inspired to get back to my notebook, my blog and my writing. So glad you made it up and I got to spend some time with you!

Sarah Amick said...

Ingrid, I so enjoyed spending time with you on Monday, missed you on Tuesday though, where were you?
Anyhoo... hope the rest of you meinvent will pick up, and remember there is always tomorrow!

Jen Barney said...

Ingrid,
DITTO on what Sarah said. You are always a stitch to be around- and yet I am always inspired by you!!!
Take care...

PS- I am hoping to be at JP on June 30th. Don't know if I will be in town.