Sunday, January 13, 2008

Peace Part Deux

I'm going to relate a third party story, so forgive the generality.
There was a contest to find a pictorial representation of what peace really means. This was a world-wide contest and drew lots of interest. At the unveiling, the runner up depicted a very peaceful scene of a lake...everything about the picture screamed tranquility. Many were surprised that this one didn't take the prize, because after all, "What could be more peaceful than this?"
When the winner was selected many were a bit surprised to see a waterfall crashing on rocks far below. The crafty artist used light to take your eye to a small branch whereon a mama bird slept peacefully in a nest with her babies. The birds all looked peaceful, and therein was the beauty and true meaning of PEACE...no matter what is happening around you, you can have peace--the peace of knowing that all is well regardless.
As I ready myself to return to the middle school arena, I wish myself this same peace. I must default to what I know and the peace needs to be there. I needn't walk in with doubt...all will be well....all IS well in my world regardless of what goes on around me.

1 comment:

Sarah Amick said...

True contentment is living with what you have and using it to move about your world, peacefully. Find your center, go there when the rush around you feels crazy. Besides that you will look amazing, like nothing can break you!
Hey, can you email me your new middle school so that I can send you that book? I would love for you to read and then sit down and discuss it afterward. Wow, you will be amazed!