Thursday, June 19, 2008

2008 Meinvent, Day 11

Termites will deprive me of sleep no more!! Yesterday, after my quad's annual termite inspection, my inspector (guy good-guy, by the way) said he'd take a peek at the flip next door if I liked. Great, I thought, as I had checked it with a fine toothed comb last spring and summer and treated it preemptively to be safe. I was pretty sure we'd get a clean bill of health. Well, I was wrong. we were ninety-nine one-hundredths of the way through the basement, when voila, I saw, with my own eyes, two good-for-nothing white termites when the inspector disturbed the tube of destruction. Well, there goes our stimulus check plus forty bucks.

The good news is, it's fresh (I had checked that exact location last year with no sign of bugs.) Guy-inspector-guy said if this was well established we'd have seen a lot more offshoots...hopefully the prospective buyer, who lives just down the street, also in the termite zone, will realize this isn't the end of the world. I'm glad to know that, too, since I think the place is pretty darn fabulous.

Anyway, other ensuing issues are the goals. I have much of my stuff in my new office and am glad about that. I still have some stuff to organize before I take it, but I've got a great handle on it. I've clocked in some hours preparing for the job, too, which makes me feel better with each passing day.

Today, I threw caution to the wind and lounged poolside with my buddies Carrie and Diane. We always have fun, and have seriously good conversation. We don't always talk shop, but it's nice to know we can sprinkle lots of shop-talk amid our miscellaneous ramblings.

I also spent time with my husband this evening. It was a beautiful night, and we cooked chicken on the grill, and I made home-made macaroni and cheese...I'm getting it down to a science.

Almost all is well in my world. The down-side, everyone wants money...Orkin, The sewer company, the roofers, and Bath and Body works. O.k, Bath and Body Works just had a sale I couldn't resist...come on 5 for $15. You can't leave the stuff in the store, and they had my favorite smell--Ginger and White Tea.....ahhhhhh, it reminds me of being in Hong Kong just 4 short years ago. Back to reality. It's late. I'm tired, and I'm going to bed. Good Night!

1 comment:

Jen Barney said...

Thanks for coming Friday Ingrid! It was good seeing you. I always love talking with you. Didn't get to tell you, but would be honored to work for you one day! Thanks for thinking of me.... what a total rock star school full of awesome stuff would that be?